Monday 2 September 2013

Words of Wisdom

Note: this post contains personal opinions over touchy subject: Religion. 

I'm a skeptical believer, but a believer nonetheless. I believe the message behind the scripture is the main part, do I know if I believe all the stories? No. But that's okay because I know god loves me for just trying to believe. 

I have recently been replenishing my spiritual relationship with god by studying and wondering what his word means to me. I've been through tough and rough times that have tested my faith, I'm a sinner, and I've also been in a position to shy away because it wasn't "cool".

When you realize to start doing things for yourself, and only to better yourself you learn that it's okay to be who you are. This is when I found my way back to god. 

Some of the verses I'm going to share are my favourites, they have meaning and depth behind the words. There are a few that help me when I'm sad, dealing with anxiety and just need some sort of direction.


“ Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. ”

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. " - 1 Corinthians 13:13 

And out if weakness he shall be made strong 

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear. 1 John 4:18







No comments:

Post a Comment