Monday 2 September 2013

Recipe: BBQ Pork chops

Cooking is such a fun area to experiment with, if you know what tastes good there is no telling what can be made. Tonight for dinner I made BBQ grilled pork chops, salad and grilled peppered zucchini. I hardly follow recipes, so when I make things I kind of just go for it.

Step 1: Meat Marinade 

I make my marinade using whatever is in the fridge at the time honestly. BBQ sauce, hot sauce, salad dressings, and spices are the normal ingredients.

Mix it all up and slather it on nice and thick! Don't be shy! 


What I Used: 1. Heinz BBQ Sauce (Garlic and Regular) 2. Sun Dried Tomato & Oregano salad dressing 3. Pepper 4. Basil 5. Oregano 6. "Tony Chacheries" Cajun spices 7. A couple dashes of Tabasco sauce



 Step 2: Grilling/Salad 

While the pork chops are grilling you can make the salad (I cheated and used a bagged salad) and set the table!






Step 3: Peppered zucchini marinade

For the zucchini I cut them into spears, mixed pepper and balsamic vinegar, drizzled it over before rubbing it in and putting more pepper on top. 





Step 4: Enjoy!

After grilling the chops and spears, we sat down and had a great meal! What a good way to celebrate the end of summer vacation! 


End result of the pork chops!



Not one of my most complicated creations but its definitely a start with good down to earth comfort food. 

What are some of your favourite comfort food meals?



Bon Appétit! 

xo Lousy


No comments:

Post a Comment